The Optometrist from Spangdahlem visits GK on a quarterly basis. The appointments are in order of priority. ( 1. Flyers 2. Diabetics 3. Active duty 4. Dependents) If you are Tricare Prime then you are authorized to use network providers in the local area for you annual exam. Any follow up other the routine annual exam requires a referral from your PCM.
There is NO reimbursement for glasses/frames on the economy as this is not covered by Tricare. Active Duty members can get their prescription filled for free if they take it to Spangdahlem. Examinations to fit lenses are not covered by Tricare.
Only Active Duty members can be reimbursed for travel to Spangdahlem (for medical necessity only).
If you decide to get your exam in the Netherlands, YOU WILL NEED A REFERRAL. However, for Germany you do not.
To make an appointment with the Spangdahlem optometry, call 0049 6565 61 8333 then select option 1 followed by option 5.
Dr. Zarrinnam 0049 24524244
Geilenkirchenerstrasse 13-15 in Heinsberg
Local Optical Store – for glasses/frames/lenses
1. Optik Louis 0049 245164748 – Konrad Adenauerstrasse 108, GK
2. Optik Schlunitz 0049 24512250 – Konrad Adenauerstrasse 116, GK
3. Dieter Laumen 0049 24512215 – Herzog-Wilhelmstrasse I GK
4. Pearle Vision – Click for website. This has multiple NL locations
5. SpecSavers – Click for website. This has multiple NL locations
6. Hans Anders – Click for website. This has multiple NL locations
You may also be able to order online from the U.S.
Questions??? Contact GK’s U.S. Clinic’s Tricare office at 0049 2451-99-3400